I was looking on Dave Ramsey's website the other day, daveramsey.com, and ran across the tab at the top entitled "Dave Recommends." One of his recommendations was the website e-mealz.com. I clicked on it, and was instantly intrigued by the cute colors and overall whimsical design of the website. On a side note, being a marketing major really makes you picky about these sort of things. I can't stand websites that aren't user friendly or don't immediately grab my attention. This one however passed the test!
The website provides family-friendly, concise 7-day dinner meal plan for 4 to 6 people, or a 5-day dinner plan for 2 people - with short and easy to follow recipes and directions. There is a complete, corresponding grocery list tailored to several popular grocery stores. It also has plans for low-carb, low-fat, vegetarian, gluten free, and portion control diets.
The grocery list also gives an estimated tally for the items you buy. For a 5 meal, low-fat plan for 2 the total was $38! That's pretty good! I'm sure there are some variations depending on the brands you prefer, but overall it's still a pretty good deal.
The website does require a subscription- but it's only 1.25 per week.
If you are like me, figuring out what to eat every evening is always a bear, and I only have 2 people in my family, including myself (I actually did pretty good tonight- beef stroganoff from scratch- and I didn't even know I had all of the ingredients!). Having a meal plan every week and all of the ingredients you need really helps. I tried doing this on my own before, but I sort of ran out of ideas. This website comes out with a new list every week. I'm sure there are a few repeats, but that's when you can throw in your own.
I think I will subscribe and give it a try. I will let you know how it goes!
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know a few girlfriends that love this...I'm not 100% sure about it for some reason. But i've thought about trying it a few times..Let me know what you think, I would love to get your feedback!!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely let us know how it goes. I'm intrigued.
ReplyDelete